Being a Mommy is the best and hardest thing I've ever done. I have to write down the little things so I don't forget, so bear with me.
This morning I woke up to a screaming little girl..while it usually takes me so much effort to drag myself out of bed when all I can hear is fighting in the living room over which cartoon to watch, this morning was different. I bolted out of bed (not even noticing my sore aching lower back) and ran to Amiah's side. The boys, sweet as can be, were bringing her into my room because she woke up crying. With a brother on each side, I scooped her up in my arms and held my big 3 year old girl like a tiny baby. She had a terrible dream, and couldn't snap out of it. She curled up in my arms and sobbed for 20 minutes. After calming her down enough to get out of her what was bothering her, we managed to make a phone call to Grandma to see if she was okay. Amiah dreamed that something bad happened at Grandma's house, and she wasn't going to let it go till she knew everything was okay. She still (3 hours later) is determined that she needs to go to Grandma's house.
As a mother, it's so hard to see them hurting so badly, and not be able to take away the pain. All I could do is console her and make it all better. It truly is something from above to be able to give that gift to a child. I can only imagine (with the tiny glimpse that I've had) what our Heavenly Father feels as he watches us struggle through our trials. It can only be that much harder to be ABLE to take it all away, but allow us to suffer so we can learn and grow. Amazing to me...that's love!
On a little lighter note...the boys have been darling this morning. (Which I MUST put in writing, because it happens only on special occasions...and I want to remember times like this.) Not only were they so sweet and concerned about their little sister, but they have said the cutest things. We had some friends give us a HUGE bag of pistachios for Christmas, and the boys were cracking them and eating some this morning. I filled up a bowl for Abryn to eat from, and Austin piped in with, "I want a bowl of Pinocchios mom!" I had to bite my lip not to die of laughter. "No silly...they're called PISTACHIOS!" He said, "Oh!" But he was close....right? I knew what he was talking about. I knew he didn't want a bowl full of Disney characters. :)
Then a minute later, Abryn did me a favor. I followed up with "Thank you sweetie!" Then I immediately heard his brother tease him in the background. Austin said, "She called you sweetie." And Abryn big and tough replied, "I don't care...she likes to call me that!" Thanks buddy...glad you got my back! :) Kids are so funny............
1 comment:
What amazing big bros!
Post a Comment