Monday, January 4, 2010

Family Home Evening




Tonight was darling...we had family night with a lesson. We started off with a family council on a big decision. Amiah wanted to know why they couldn't all share a room, and have a big room just for toys. So, after discussing it as a family, we decided to give it a try. The kids decided that it seemed kinda fun, so we'll see how it goes. After coming up with a decision on that, we moved onto the lesson which was about why we are all special even though we are all different. We talked about how we are all God's children, and then took turns going around the room saying what we thought was special about each other. They said some of the most darling things about each other. I would have given anything to have a recorder and capture the sweet things they said. I was next to tears...and I hope they can remember about how they felt tonight tomorrow when they're fighting. (Yeah right.) Then we colored pictures about how we are special because of all the special things God has done for each and every one of us:

1. I lived in heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ before I was born.
2. A beautiful world was created for me.
3. Heavenly Father asked special people to help me and guide me.
4. I can talk to Heavenly Father in prayer, and He will answer me.

Amiah personally wanted to send her picture to Jesus, so this is the best we could do. We took a picture of it for him, so he could see it on the computer. (Uh..I dunno..I couldn't think of anything else. I don't have an ADDRESS for Him!)

No comments: