Tonight was so fun (minus the mosquitoes). Grandma was having a cousins reunion at Pinetop (campgrounds), where my grandparents and parents were both caretakers at one point in our lives. Anyway, it was SO awesome to get to take MY family up there now and see my kids enjoy all the things I used to enjoy as a little person. I showed them all the little cabins were I've slept many times. Sadly...they have all been painted on the inside, so the millions and millions of names that were once there are gone. Amiah wanted to peek inside while the boys just wanted to be crazy boys outside….with their freshly buzzed summer heads and all.
We even decided to venture up to the alter...a big group of rocks at the to of a little trail overlooking the entire campgrounds. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The backdrop was like a movie...beautiful setting up at the top. Aunt Molly stayed at the bottom and took pics for me.
Here we are at the top! Whoa...scary!
Then we threw in a little swimming.
The kids loved it...for a few minutes...then decided that the ice cream and cobbler sounded a whole lot more appealing! (Don't worry Grandma. I didn't post the pics of you in your bathing suit. I want to be welcomed at your house for a long time. He he he..) There was certainly lots of eating and visiting going on.
After freezing their behinds off for a little while, they decided to call it....and head out for a little basketball. Daddy played for a while, and the kids cheered him on from the sidelines.
By this time it was almost 10 pm...so we loaded up the car in our jammies and blankies...and headed for home. What a fun night. Can't wait to head up tomorrow and see what adventures await us! Love!
No comments:
Post a Comment