Friday, May 6, 2011

Those boys..

So I always get a little nervous when I see "Trail Wind Elementary School" on my caller ID.  Long story, or should I say stories?  Nevertheless, when the phone rang on Tuesday afternoon and I saw the caller ID, my gut reaction was, "Uh oh...now what."  To my surprise, and might I say PLEASANT surprise, it was the principal calling to brag about something Austin did well.  (LET US ALL BREATHE A SIGH OF RELIEF.) It was cute, she really talked him up to me, while he was in her office and I was on speaker phone.  She said he turned 10 different shades of red...
Apparently there was a scuffle on the playground with the same boy who has been trouble since the beginning of the year, but this time he walked away.  The details are mundane, but he was recognized for handling a difficult situation well.  Way to go Buddy!

Then this guy...

Talk about a turn around!  With one minor change of moving him up to the appropriate level in reading, his whole world has turned around.  He's doing amazingly well socially, in reading, math, at home, getting better sleep, has a better attitude, and all around  a happier boy.  I thank the Lord daily for inspired teachers, and the guts to go to battle for him....in my heart I knew he wasn't a trouble maker!  I couldn't be happier, or more proud.
Now the funny part.  I guess he was recognized at the assembly in school today for being Student of the Month. (Mind you, at one point he could have been given the title "Problem of the Month".) Maybe it's a guy thing, or maybe it's just and Abryn thing, but he couldn't figure out what the big deal was! In fact, he had tossed this paper in the recycling bin at school before he came out.  I wouldn't have even known about it if it weren't for the fact that Austin was at the assembly and told me all about it.  I made him go back into the classroom and fish it out.  Yep...for my own personal scrapbooking purposes. Call me crazy, but I feel like he needs the recognition and boost.  Even if it does embarrass him a little...I wanted him to know how proud Daddy and I were.  Way to go big guy! Love you tons!
He was also pretty stinkin' cute at his 1st music program yesterday.  And like a dope...I cried my stupid face off.  AGAIN! In my defense, it was a really neat song, and I only cried once.
Would they just stop growing already?!? Geez!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I was there yesterday, and Abryn looked pretty happy when he was up front. :) What cute kids you have!