I'm sure you can imagine the excitement when I mentioned that for family night we were gonna rake up the yard together. I must admit though, my kids are some good workers! We worked our fannies off...
The big black bag was getting pretty full, so we had to compress them in a very creative...and fun way!
After a while, and about half the front yard being cleaned up...some of the neighborhood kids thought it looked like we were having fun. So, they joined in!!
It definitely made clean up go a lot quicker. We were good and tired, and two BIG black bags of leaves later...the front yard looked so much better! :) Appropriately awarded of course, with ice cream.
(And a strange lady in the background who wouldn't mind her own business..)
Successful night...mission accomplished.
1 comment:
Nice work, kids! Do you find that it's the regular chores that kids detest doing? Looks like yours get geared up for "special" chores, just like mine. So how do you make those daily chores seem less ordinary?
P.S. Aren't you so glad I took the opportunity to muse aloud in the comments section of your blog?
Post a Comment