Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Little Blessings..

You know, having moved into single parenthood, has been one of the hardest things I've ever done.  Sunday mornings are no exception.  Why is it, on the day you try the hardest to have the spirit in the house, it always seems to be the last thing that happens? Today just happened to be the case...

After yelling and screaming at my poor children, and totally failing in the mother department, I sit back and reflect on what major blessings (and examples to me) these sweet little people are to me. 

My spiritual giant of a child...Austin...quickly changed the path the day was taking.  He apologized, and then disappeared.  When we went to get in the car, I hollered for him.  He came out a few minutes later, and I asked him if he was okay.  He simply stated that he was saying a little prayer to ask Heavenly Father help him to behave at church, and listen to mom today.  Gasp! That's right..all on his own accord.  He continued to bare an amazing testimony, and read his scriptures.  He was kind, and selfless all day.  Sometimes I don't deserve them.  He is going to be an amazing man one day!
Amiah, also quickly realized that I wasn't in a great place, and I got this sweet little note:
"I know that you are angry right now, so I just wanted to write this note because you're special."  
My cup runneth o'er!


2 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh my! What sweet little spirits they have! I love them and I love you. You're a wonderful momma!!!

Susie said...

Your Sunday mornings sound a heck of a lot like ours. Keep at it - you're doing a great job!