Saturday, May 19, 2012

No More Babies!

The day has finally come..no more babies in the house.  We have successfully potty trained, tied our shoes, slept through the night, and learned to ride with no more training wheels.  These kids are growing up faster than I can believe!  Today Amiah asked me to teach her to ride without training wheels.  After a long thought, I put on my tennis shoes and sports bra and headed out doors.  After all, after teaching the boys I knew it would be a long afternoon of running behind her, full of frustration, tears, and skinned knees.  Tired and sunburned, I begrudgingly headed out to the cul de sac.  I took off the small wheels, and held the tiny bike so she could try to start.  And then............suddenly............she took off!  WHAT THE HECK?!  After all that build up, she didn't even need me.  She took off and rode all afternoon.  Not one tear or skinned knee.  So proud of her.  Way to go sister!

  


No comments: