Today is the start to a new week. Rather, an ending to a very long week. This is the longest we've been without Dad ever...but we're happy to report that we are alive and well. With 3 children all in one sport, and working 4 days a week, add a photoshoot, babysitting, and a home on top of that...that is a lot for one crazy mommy. (Not to mention the substitute lesson to prepare, and talk for Sacrament meeting.) But after a long and hectic week, the Lord in is mighty ways, made it all better. After being stressed out, how can a Mommy be cranky with a sweet letter like this delivered to her after church?
How can a Mommy be cranky after watching her child play an intense game of Battleship with his own Grandma, and sheer elation when he wins? How can a Mommy be cranky after hours upon hours of paint and mess...that ultimately lead to a car full of masterpieces? (Or should I say, painted rocks?) With a child covered head to toe with paint, and a smile on his face...I guess it was worth an outfit being trashed. And this one...
Painting her Great-Grandma's fingernails neon pink with sparkles, to match her own little toe nails. Does it get any better?
With beautiful weather, and a view like this...who wouldn't want to lay on a blanket up in the mountains listening to the birds chirping, and the sounds of pine cones tumbling down, with sweaty, dirty, happy children playing around you? We saw elk, a mama goose and her gosslings, baby deer, and more today. What a peaceful...rejuvenating...day. After a fun, up-beat, ride home winding down through the mountains with the windows rolled down and our favorite songs playing, you would have thought the day ended perfectly. How can it get any better you say? Well...Skyping with this guy of course!
Now it's perfect.



2 comments:
I've been thinking of you all week! Please call me if I can help with getting the kids here and there or if you need a sitter for a photo shoot (or for any other reason, too). CALL ME!
I too have been thinking about you. I am glad to hear that the separation is going okay. I admire your ability to find the beauty in any situation! You are a strong woman! And your family is beautiful. We'd love to have the kids over anytime so that mom can have a break!
Post a Comment