Monday, December 12, 2011

Paying It Forward

Tonight was Austin's big night...

For two weeks, he has handed out invitations to everyone one he knows.  Our result: a PACKED room, there to support Austin in his endeavor.  
Pay It Forward.  This started weeks ago, when an assembly at school inspired Austin to share the message with the world.  Charley Johnson, of the Pay it Forward Experience came to Boise, and happened to share his message with Trail Wind Elementary.  Austin took it to heart, and that day came racing home with all the information for me to read.  Then the vision was born!  He could see it all....the speech, the suit, the people, the treats, the banner, etc.  I helped him organize this night so he could share what he had heard.  We got in touch with Charley and he sent us a big pack of bracelets.  We quickly went to work, and with the help of a few others, we had a very successful night.  I was so proud!   
 You have to take notice of the bubble letters on his banner above the TV.  To die for!
 He introduced and sang a special song about kindness with his little sister.
 And here is one of our VERY special visitors, his teacher Mrs. Sly.  He was delighted when she walked through the door!
 Here is the actual presentation...it is about 12 minutes long, but feel free to watch it here if you missed it:



After a quick presentation, with a sweet message, I've decided two things.  1. I am a very lucky Mommy to have such amazing kids with good hearts!  2.  I should also do a little less eating, and a bit more running.  LOL..pretty sure the camera puts on about 100 extra pounds or so, right? ;)  Good night.

1 comment:

Malauna said...

It was a great lesson for our kids to hear! Thanks for the invite!