Well, our Christmas was a success!!
It started with a Christmas Eve treat with Nana..
She had cookies and ice cream for us. Yum!
Then we headed home for our annual traditions. Got this GREAT shot of Amiah and Austin tossing out the reindeer food.
We placed the Santa key.
And loaded the plate with mini pumpkin pies this year. Lucky Santa.
Amiah got the milk, and Abryn thought it looked delicious!
Apparently it was, because the big man ate almost all of it! He placed the Santa key on the plate, just like every year...Santa is one lucky guy!
The next morning, the kids had the biggest smiles ever, because finally at 6am, we let them open presents. Which was very generous of us, because they were up all night long. Okay, not all night, but only at 11pm, 1am, 1:30am, 4am, and 5 am. I told them it was time to wake up when there was a "6" on the clock...and they came into my room when there was a 6-0-0 on my clock. Geesh!
Abryn's favorite gift this year was Santa's big drop. The Wii. Austin couldn't believe his eyes when he opened his spy glasses. Awesome!
Amiah's big gift was a jewelry making kit. She is DYING to get started.
After early morning presents, then church, it was off the mountains to hang out at Grandma's house where this year's biggest hit was our cousins....Jeni and Eric. They entertained my children all day. Loved it!
And true to form, Grandma got some killer gifts they have been wanting...Beyblades,
and a La La Loopsy doll!
One of my favorite things, is playing with the wee ones. I love having them around....and then I'm so glad when I get to hand them over for poopy diapers and naps! Best way to do it. I love being an aunt. Look at this cute little face!! How could you not? (Mom you're cute..but I AM referring to Jakey!)
My personal favorite part of the afternoon...(okay second to eating)...was when I decided it was time to bust out Grandma's Just Dance game for her new Wii. I don't have a picture of me doing it (you can thank me later)...but I have a few fun shots of my kids doing it.
And you can't tell me the KIDS were the only ones having fun!
Add a little outdoor fun, and voila! A fun filled Christmas.
I promptly returned home to clean up, put kids down, and climb into bed for my own 12 hour rest. And then took another 2 hour nap today. Fantastic!
No comments:
Post a Comment