Monday, April 18, 2011

Maybe I'm doing something right..

So I've said over and over, I was not cut out to be the kind, nurturing, sweet mother that my kids deserve.  I truly missed the "mommy gene" when the good Lord was handing it out.  I'm sure I was busy socializing somewhere else...shopping....or most likely eating.  :)  Either way, I've always felt like I did better in the work place, and that a SAHM wasn't my calling.  However, that being said, I couldn't bring myself to letting someone else do that job.  I wanted to raise my own kids.  I'm sure there are days when they also wished I worked, but this morning was one of those "payoffs" that I hear about.  

It started off with Amiah this weekend.  The kids had an Easter Egg  Hunt here on the property.  Amiah was in the younger kids group, while the boys were with all the BIG kids.  To put this nicely...she cleaned house!  Her bucket was filled to the brim while all the other little ones were struggling to find more than 1 egg.  She generously started running around and putting her eggs in all the little tiny kids baskets. Aww...then her brothers were pretty bummed that they didn't get much either.  In the same manner, with a huge grin on her face, she started pouring her eggs into their baskets too.  

PROUD!

Then, after finally dragging myself out of bed to get kids off to school this morning, I was surprised with this little video..how can you NOT wanna be his Mommy?



They're not supposed to be out of bed before 7am...so they quietly play in their room if they're up too early.  Austin likes to play with his new camera, and today he made movies.  Dad got one too! :) That's right...I'm a hero! Ha (maybe he'll remember that the next time I ask him to put his toys away)!

PROUD!

And last, this little man was working so diligently on his homework this weekend, I couldn't help but capture the moment.  I love this guy, and can't believe how quickly he's growing up.  I wanna slow down time, and really take in these moments.
But here's the real tear jerker....we just found out recently that one of our most favorite uncles has a pretty aggressive cancer.  He has been in our thoughts a lot, and we wish we could be near.  On his own accord, I woke up to this:  "Mom, can you send this to Uncle Art?"
A dirty baseball and a note you say?  No...not even close.  It is a "get better" note, with a sweet message, taped to his most (current) prized possession.  He got this GAME BALL at his first game this season.  And this is a big deal because he is in his first rookie season. Big time! I couldn't and still can't believe that he wants to parts ways with this ball that he loves so much.  Just goes to show...he loves Uncle Art more! 

PROUD PROUD PROUD!  (And a little teary...)

I'm a lucky mom.  Maybe I am doing something right after all...despite all my weaknesses. :)  Feeling pretty grateful....it's worth every sacrifice in the world.  There's no paycheck, promotion, or pat on the back that could ever compare to these amazing little people in my life.  Love them!

1 comment:

Steph said...

That song was just awesome!! You ARE a good mom, and now you have the song to capture HOW GOOD you are! :)