Sunday, September 12, 2010

Virtual Playdates

Okay, while this may seem totally pathetic, let me explain. Abryn has a great little buddy that he's known since preschool. They have had regular playdates for probably over a year. His name is Rocco. He's the sweetest kid, and so good natured. We really like his family, and were so sad to hear that his Dad got a job transfer to Yuma, AZ. Abryn has come home from school telling me how much he misses him on the playground at school, and how he wishes he could still play with him. So...his mom and I got a little idea. I hooked up our webcam that we've had for years, and she did the same. We opened a Skype account and let them see each other! It was the sweetest thing. They were SO excited. I don't think I've ever seen two little friends love each other this much! They literally had a virtual playdate. (And will every Tuesday after school at 4:45 pm.) They played for close to an hour, they built legos and showed each other. They were even shooting each other! It was awesome, and for now I'm SO grateful for technology. I'm happy they get to keep in touch for the two years that he's gone. We are looking forward to their return, and love them dearly. I couldn't resist (yep..took some pictures). Here ya go:




No comments: