Arizona can actually be quite a cool place to be. Check out these beautiful pictures of the nightly sunset: (and they're only taken with my little point and click camera). No touch ups!


This has been quite a challenging week. We got to see Grandpa just before he passed, and since then have been going 90 miles an hour! I helped with some pictures for Grandpa's service, we've run a lot of errands, visited with family, and barely survived the heat! This silly Idaho girl just isn't used to 115* temperatures! After a few days, things have settled down before the big rush to get all prepared for everyone to arrive for the services, so Andrew and I had a fun little escape today. Andrew was so excited to get the chance to see his Uncle Randy who unfortunately suffered a very serious stroke not that long ago. We took a little day road trip to the Phoenix area to see him. He perked right up and was happy to see us. Good news too...he's doing very well! He was definitely still Uncle Randy though. On our way, we were kinda silly too. (I know, so hard to imagine.) We had fun in the car and at the rest stops too. They call this one "Finger Mountain", wonder why....

Self portraits are always good...

Andrew was driving a little too fast, got locked up...just kidding.

I wanted to take a picture to show my kids this HUGE cactus! None of these in Idaho!

And while I drove, Andrew did quite a bit of this: what a hard life!

All in all, it's been a good week so far. So amazed at what an amazing group of support I have back home around me. Mom-thanks for keeping the kids for almost TWO WEEKS and not killing them, Shelley-thanks for offering to jump in and help with them if needed. Gram & Dorinda- thanks for playing with them, as I know Mom probably appreciates the break. Sarah-thanks for keeping our creatures alive, Nici-thanks for keeping me posted with everything, Rachel-thanks for pitching in on that one photoshoot, Lisa-thanks for taking care of substitutes for my class, and so on, and so on, and so on. I love and appreciate you all, and seriously am starting to miss my babies. :'(
No comments:
Post a Comment