Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Austin turns 5!


Happy Birthday Big Boy!! Can't believe that Austin is turning 5 today, he is such a great kid. On Thursday he gets to register for Kindergarten too! My 5 favorite things about Austin are:

1. Your sense of humor!
2. Your big kind heart!
3. How much you love to tease!
4. How you play so well with Abryn AND Amiah!
5. Best of all...your great snuggles, hugs, and kisses!

I love you Buddy!!

This morning before school, he got a little wound up...made some bad choices. When I had a chance to explain to him how I felt disappointed, I think he understood. After school I emptied his backpack and found this special note in it:

(I can translate for you: "I'm sorry for being naughty this morning!")

I thought it was sweet that he wrote me an apology letter, and when I found it he said it was for me. Makes me think that our teachings DO sink in once in a while!

Tonight we had cake and ice cream after dinner. Austin asked for tacos for dinner, and we had rainbow chip cake and ice cream when we were done. It was actually kinda nice (no offense to anyone) not to have a big party. We decided a couple of years ago to do a party every other year, and just do our own thing on the other years. It was small, and very relaxed. I loved it!! Austin got spoiled this year!! We got him more art supplies to add to his art box, and his very own ream of paper. I know it sounds silly, but he was very excited about it!! Grandpa and Grandma gave him AMAZING amounts of art supplies, lots of fun things to do now! He got money and a card from Grandpa Arlington, and Great Grandma and Great Aunt Dorinda. Grandma Shelley stopped by this morning for a visit (forgot to take a picture..oops) and brought a really cool Optimus Prime bouncy ball. I'm sure Nana has something special up her sleeve too, she always does! Anyway, lots of special phone calls, lots of people singing to him, and many happy wishes later, he was feeling pretty special tonight. Thanks to everyone who contributed to that!


2 comments:

AW said...

I love, love, love his "I'm sorry" note! so cute! Happy Birthday Austin!

Aaron said...

lol... the pic with the ream of paper is awesome... he looks stoked. I hope he enjoys our present when he gets it. love you guys!