Well, we've ended this year with a bang...can't believe that it's 2010 already! We decided for New Years Eve spend time with our friends The Seversons. We planned a Fiesta! We started off with a little piece of heaven...our carnitas...homemade salsa and pico de gallo...and more. Yum-o!!
(Warning...picture may cause MAJOR salivation!)

Sarah was the cook for the night...she's a GREAT cook! I only contributed the salsa and pico.

Then we moved onto a couple of preplanned activities (that only lasted a few minutes, not nearly as long as we had hoped). The kids played Charades and loved it while the Daddies hung out with Baby Ezra by the fire...its a tough job, but someone had to do it. ;)



Then we moved onto our "2010" headbands. That was a load of glitter glue-pom pom-tape fun! The boys actually BOTH made it to midnight this year.





The rest of the night we just kinda hung out.


Obviously the big (and even bigger) boys figured out a way to entertain themselves till midnight...videogames!

Can't imagine where they get that....I think it's genetic.

Poor Amiah didn't make it, but Austin did...he found lots of silly ways to entertain himself.

Magnents and crakers...who could ask for more?


I struggled to keep my eyes open right at the very end, so I stepped outside in the nice cold air to wake up. And what a pretty sight! (No, not me, you dummy....the wintery neighborhood!) I was feeling a little rough, but sure did enjoy the view.


We finally made it to midnight!! Yahoo! With freezing tootsies, we put on our special (and I do mean VERY special) 2010 headbands, raced outside, blew our squawkers, popped our party poppers, drank our sparkling cider, kissed each other, and within about 5 minutes, raced back inside just a quickly....and speedily put all the kids in bed. I don't think we could have moved ANY faster!!




AAAhhhhh....sweet success. My favorite part was Austin running up to me right before bed with a huge hug & kiss to tell me, "Merry New Year Mommy!"

We woke up this morning, made a HUGE breakfast, cleaned up and came home for a nice long nap! :) Loved it. Thanks Seversons for your hospitality, and opening up your home to us for an all nighter! Here's to a fabulous New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment