
I absolutely have the best friends ever. They are so good to me, and take the time
and money to come and spend special weekends with me. I'm a lucky girl. This weekend, one of my closest-Barbara, came from Idaho Falls to hang out.
FIRST THINGS FIRST: Kudos to her husband Joe! He kept all 4 kids (8, 6, 2, and 4 mo.) while she was able to steal away for a little R&R. And kudos to mine as well, he took over as "Mommy" while I played with her all weekend. We are two very lucky girls, who have such good husbands to take our little people, so we can have a break and no responsibilites for a while. Okay, now that the proper credit has been given, next item of business...we really didn't do anything super fabulous. BUT, it was a blast all the same. Friday night, we did a little window shopping (tried on a couple of dead sexy hats), got some soda, and stayed up late scrapbooking. (Chatting and laughing the whole time.)

Then Saturday, Andrew had to work. But he was kind enough to take a lunch break so I could sneak away for another hour and scrapbook again, uninterrupted by wee ones. We hung out on the home front till he was done, and then took off immediately thereafter. Saturday night consisted of some delicious Italian food
(Does it get any better?), and Turtle Cheesecake for dessert
(Goodbye calories.)
A little more window shopping to follow, and we even picked out some really fun rings...she bought mine for a belated birthday gift. See what I mean? She spoiled me.

We retired to the hotel for another late night, or should I say early morning, scrapbooking session.

More laughs, a late night run to the gas station for some chocolate and soda, and memories to last forever. Thanks friend! I'll miss you...can't wait to do it again. Love ya!
Okay...now big breath...back to Mommy mode...
No comments:
Post a Comment