So yesterday we had QUITE the adventurous outing! We (meaning I) decided that it was finally warm enough to load up and head out. I fixed a flat tire on the double stroller, packed a picnic (yes, baby squash included), put on the helmets, and we were off! We walked down our crazy hill, only to have a major accident halfway down. Poor Austin was going so fast, and Abryn stopped right in front of him! (Yes, I warned him MANY times not to do so.) Little tiny Austin was airborne....right over the handle bars. Luckily he landed in the grass, so there was no battle wounds. It looked so terrible that a man driving past, slammed on his breaks, jumped out of his car, and went running to him as I was running down the hill with the stroller. He said, "Man....that looked BAD!" It really did. He decided to tough it out, and we continued on our journey. We reached the playground that are in the soccer fields by our house and busted out or bagged lunches. We did a little rolling down the grass hill, and played on the equipment after our lunch. Ezra wanted to run and play, but settled for sitting in the grass with a few toys. :) He is so cute..... He started to get fussy, so we packed up to finish our long trek home. We went all the way around the soccer fields to get back home. I would say it's almost a 2 mile journey or so. Halfway through, Austy was struck with tragedy again. He was in front this time, and I looked up to suddenly see him swerve from right to left and spill out into the road (thank heavens no one was driving by at the time). Once again, I'm racing up to them with the stroller, and when I got there? His training wheel had totally just busted into pieces, and sent him flying. What a day! I called Daddy, but he was so swamped at work, we couldn't hitch a ride.....so we hoofed it all the way home. He was a champ about it all. Abryn pushed his bike up the last huge hill, and I buckled down and pushed that stupid heavy stroller, Ezra, Amiah (who is no feather), and Austin's bike up the hill. When I got home, I was SO tired! I put the kids in bed and took a break. I might say, believe it or not, I still enjoyed the outting. I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to teach Austin how to ride his bike with no training wheels. (I'll take pics soon...) And what did I get in the end? I sunburn! (It's all good.... I'll benefit with a nice early tan for this season..........)
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Adventurous Friday
So yesterday we had QUITE the adventurous outing! We (meaning I) decided that it was finally warm enough to load up and head out. I fixed a flat tire on the double stroller, packed a picnic (yes, baby squash included), put on the helmets, and we were off! We walked down our crazy hill, only to have a major accident halfway down. Poor Austin was going so fast, and Abryn stopped right in front of him! (Yes, I warned him MANY times not to do so.) Little tiny Austin was airborne....right over the handle bars. Luckily he landed in the grass, so there was no battle wounds. It looked so terrible that a man driving past, slammed on his breaks, jumped out of his car, and went running to him as I was running down the hill with the stroller. He said, "Man....that looked BAD!" It really did. He decided to tough it out, and we continued on our journey. We reached the playground that are in the soccer fields by our house and busted out or bagged lunches. We did a little rolling down the grass hill, and played on the equipment after our lunch. Ezra wanted to run and play, but settled for sitting in the grass with a few toys. :) He is so cute..... He started to get fussy, so we packed up to finish our long trek home. We went all the way around the soccer fields to get back home. I would say it's almost a 2 mile journey or so. Halfway through, Austy was struck with tragedy again. He was in front this time, and I looked up to suddenly see him swerve from right to left and spill out into the road (thank heavens no one was driving by at the time). Once again, I'm racing up to them with the stroller, and when I got there? His training wheel had totally just busted into pieces, and sent him flying. What a day! I called Daddy, but he was so swamped at work, we couldn't hitch a ride.....so we hoofed it all the way home. He was a champ about it all. Abryn pushed his bike up the last huge hill, and I buckled down and pushed that stupid heavy stroller, Ezra, Amiah (who is no feather), and Austin's bike up the hill. When I got home, I was SO tired! I put the kids in bed and took a break. I might say, believe it or not, I still enjoyed the outting. I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to teach Austin how to ride his bike with no training wheels. (I'll take pics soon...) And what did I get in the end? I sunburn! (It's all good.... I'll benefit with a nice early tan for this season..........)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment